Need feedback buying a new wb aerator

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Raj, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Raj

Raj LawnSite Member

Need some recommendations on purchasing a new wb aerator, that needs to be small enough (like Ryan lawnaire IV), so it can be loaded into a minivan. This will be a new parttime business to do avg 5000 sq ft lawns around Atlanta, GA.
    I would appreciate your feedback on your experience with different makes and models (eg Ryan, PlugR, etc), and its ease of use. I have rented several times (Home depot - Ryan?) and can handle the machines. However they do wear u out.
    Help, I need to make a buying decision pretty soon.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There is one out there I'm pretty sure, that has a fold down handlebar,...but I can't think of what one it is.
  3. EngineeredLawns

EngineeredLawns LawnSite Member

I just picked up one on ebay under $700 that was used only once or twice, paint is not even worn off the tines. It is a BlueBird 530 and the handle folds with a quick release. These are about $2 grand new. The machines are heavy so you will have to have a ramp to fet it into a mini van.
  4. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

plugr has fold down handle. easy to use. best machine out there for that purpose - imo.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We bought a Billygoat a couple years ago and that unit is just too darn hard to turn around. No use getting units that have single drive. What is needed is a sperate drive on each side so one side can be disengaged when you turn. I don't know who makes dual side drive. Our goat is sitting!!
  6. nbuzz

nbuzz LawnSite Member

Classen makes a split drive compact aerator just for reference. I've demoed the plugr's I like them the best. easiest user controls. JMO