Need Gas Blower advise

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnyNCa, Feb 24, 2000.

1. JohnyNCa

JohnyNCa LawnSite Member

Im thinking of getting a new Gas Blower but im not sure which one to get. Id like something with power but also with a low db also...something long lasting and a quick start, price range $250-$350? Info appreciated!

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

the red max eb 6200 seems like a good one its the most powerful. they make the best blowers i think. shidawia makes them good to but i think red max has more experience.

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Echo has come out with a 200mph light weight blower. I like echo equipment. No shandiawi dealer here yet but would like to give them a try too.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

the robin fl 500 is a great unit. a lot of people dont know this..<br>quiet and powerful..<br>should sell for around 350.00 or so

5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

I havent tried too many but i can tell you i bought a used red-max 2 years ago and it will still crank on the first 1 or 2 pulls cold...as far as power compared to anything else all i know is it does a great job, the next 1 i buy will be a red max<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The EB 6200 Red Max is what we replaced our Shindaiwa with last year. It is lighter and a lot more powerful than our previous blower. When you rev it up full blast, it actually lifts up off my back from the downward thrust of air so it is lighter yet. We have used it one full season with out problems and like it a lot. At the time we got it, the new 62cc Shindaiwa wasn't out yet, so this is why we switched brands of blowers.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

7. Nick

Nick Guest

What about the STIHL BR 400?? I am considering this one... Any feedback would be great.

8. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

I have never used one but in my area alot of people use them. I have talked to some of them and they have no complaints.<br>

9. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

STHIL BR 400.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using Stihl BR 400's for about 7 years. I like 'em. They are reliable, out of the 4 that I have had, only one ever had a problem, it had a plugged exhaust port when it was about three months old. Remove the spark arrestor and even that want happen. I have thought about trying a the new big Shindaiwa, but I haven't yet. They claim it has more air volume, but I am not sure if it really does.