Need good ant killer.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Up, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

At the present time, I am having a problem with ants in most of the lawns that I maintain for customers. I have used several products, but they do not seem to work as well as some of the ones that have been taken off the market. I am presently using Crosscheck. Does anyone know of a good product that will work that may be cost effective? Thanks.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Okay I'll respond cuz nobody else has. Back in the 70's & 80's, we used liquid Dursban. We would spray the entire lawn, and when we saw an ant mound, we would "drench" it. I'm talking south Texas where fire ants are a real problem. Since moving back to the Midwest, I have had pretty good luck with Talstar. It's always best to know where the ant populations are so you can drench them (or spray heavy). I use Crosscheck on my lawn, and it seems to kill the ants.

Anybody else?

3. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to say if you are going to do perimeter sprays, go with BASF's termidor. I like crosscheck's results. I am hearing very good things about cyanora, maybe you could consider that. You can pick it up at your local JDL.