1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need good BackPack Sprayer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mlong30, May 13, 2007.

1. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Hi All,

Where can I get a good 3-4 gallon backpack sprayer? I saw a 4 gallon backpack sprayer at Costco, for about $70.00. Not sure if its good quality. I'd appreciate any recommendation.

Thanks.

Matt

2. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I like the SP systems backpacks. They have a few different models. They cost a little more than 70 bucks but the one I have is close to 10 years old and still works flawlessly.

One thing to consider with any sprayer is making sure that the seals are compatible with the products you will be using it with. Not knowing the make and model of the unit at Costco's its hard to tell you if it's good or bad.

-TAZ

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

He is right sp is top i have used three for several years with no downtime.

4. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

5. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

Look At The Shindaiwa Sp 415 Everything Is Internal No Leaking Onto Your Back Plus It Comes With A Rebuilt Kit

6. mlong30

mlong30 LawnSite Member

Where can I purchase? Online or Local?

Thanks.

Matt

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

For now I use my uncles Sp spayer and like everyone said these are real nice. but I know nowthern tool makes a commercial backpack sprayer for $50 Im not sure how good it is

8. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

We have always used SP1-E 's. Love em. GREAT sprayers.

We just bought a new Stihl backpack- I have not used it yet but I hear it's nice. For 100$, it doesn't seem too bad.

9. leejp

leejp LawnSite Member

Please provide a review once you log some hours... I have a Stihl dealer nearby and no SP dealer.

Has Stihl always made backpack sprayers or is this something new? Will long term parts/service be an issue?

10. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The sp3 would work fine for what you are doing with it. As for the mask you should whenever working with 2-4-D or any other toxic product (which is pretty much most of them). Just read the labeling that comes on those products.

-TAZ