Need green this weekend.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CRUZMISL, Jun 6, 2006.

1. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

HI All,
    I have a lawn that is very healthy but the owners having a party this Sunday and it needs to be as green as possible. I was thinking of spreading some lesco granular iron but also wanted to spread a very light application of nitrogen to give it a boost. Any suggestions for a good nitrogen source?
    Thanks!
    J.

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I would use urea and ammonium sulfate for my nitrogen sources. Iron alone will not give much of a response if N is short.

3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

The best would be to spray 1/4 lb of N and Iron. In fact, the liquid Iron Lesco sells has 12% Nitrogen. Foliar absorption will give you quicker response.

If you can't spray, just get some 5-10-31 granular from Lesco. It has 10% Iron and just enough N to boost intake.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Turf paint?????

5. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

I think I'll do the 5-10-31. I'd rather not lay down a lot of N with summer heat upon us.
    Thanks!!

6. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

Well, maybe I won't. Lesco doesn't have the product in stock. Back to the drawing board.....

7. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

Maybe I'll spread 20% iron (080378) and 19-25-5 (500445) at 1/2 the app. rate. Thoughts?

8. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps you should tell us what type of turf this is.

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

getter done with ammonium sulfate

10. CRUZMISL

CRUZMISL LawnSite Member
    from zone 6

Yes, that's a good point. Bluegrass.