1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need guidance wiring new motor.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Sep 2, 2014.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, I have a Toro 30498 (48" T2 walk-behind).

Lost a cylinder in my Kawasaki FH580v. Replaced motor with a 20hp B/S Vantage.

Unsure about where each of the 3 wires goes. I assume they are for kill switch, fuel pump, alternator?

The mower's wires are purple, red, and white. I have the wiring diagram for the motor, but I'm not having any success tracking down which wire is which from the mower...

Any help is appreciated.
  2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

If it helps, I can match up anyone's knowledge of the Kawasaki.

There's a green wire that appears to run up to the carburetor bowl. (I'm guessing that this would be the wire for my Vantage labeled "fuel solenoid"?

The purple wire had hooked up to the side of the Kawasaki on a black rectangle that already had a two-wire harness attached and running up under the cowl. I'm guessing this was the alternator setup, thus making the purple wire the match to the Vanguard wire labeled "alternator system"?

And finally, through the process of elimination, that would leave the black wire on the Kawasaki as the Vanguard's "stop switch"?
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you got it figgered out......