need h2bs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Brianslawn, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

can anyone recomend a good h2b firm other than marcus drake?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah,...Walmart.:p :rolleyes:

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would recommend getting someone from your city there is a lot of paperwork that gets covered and sometimes it is important to turn around stuff fast. Most law firms handles these or can make reference. It seems like Drake is in line with our firm regarding price.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think that you are going to have a hard time with it

5. MJM

MJM LawnSite Member

I may be wrong but it think you already missed the deadline. We have had H2B workers for about 6 years now, and the process for next years workers started about 3 months ago. It is a long process, you cannot just jump in and say in two months I want workers. We have used AMIGOS for our H2B. We have no complaints (except quick deadlines) but i have heard good and bad abut them. If you havent started the process for H2B yet, my opinoin is that you will not get them for 2006.

Good luck!!

Mark

6. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

markus drake wont even get back with me, yet they keep posting on here trying to get more to sign up. another was supposed to have sent me all the forms last week, but never got them.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Mark is correct, it is almost surely to late for anyone to start the process to get workers for 2006. We started in 2003 and we got our first worker in October 2005. But, better to get the process started. This year they increased the quote in Sept. and that is when we got notified about our guys. And, it is our understanding if we want to bring our guys back next year they won't count against the new quote(which was 65K last year). But, we put our paperwork for 2006 in August of this year...seems like we get a new document weekly to sign.

8. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Instead of dealing with all of these forms and marcus drake , maybe you guys should invest in a trip to Houston, there are plenty of illegals down my way that want to work!

Hess, do you have a lot of labor camps in Austin?

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yep plenty of worker here and every one has SS card and picture ID....but what if INS starts getting serious about checking out the IDs next year? And what if they really decide to shut down the border next year? For the above reasons we are trying to ensure we got workers.

10. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I dont use illegals, but I highly highly doubt that the Government will or could even do anything about illegals, ther e are just too many of them.

I dont like them in our country and if our current president wont do anything, I dont think the next one will either.