need help A.S.A.P any takers ?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Serenity Landscaping, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Serenity Landscaping

Serenity Landscaping LawnSite Member

Need help calculating invoice amount for customer who is paying for labor only for the following services : sod removal approx. 2 1/2 yrds. 3yrds. of rock & dirt layed & graded , install 4 diamond edge , removed 2 shrubs and replanted , sod transfer 1/2 yrd. , install 40 yrd. weed block , 1 cubit yrd. of peat moss , paver step apro. 10 pavers , bedline 4x40 , planted 20 plants , reset 8 retainer bricks , addtional quarter of stone ( retainer)and cut bed around tree 2x2 .:confused:

2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Calculating the invoice amount? So you already did the work? Assuming that you kept track of your time and know your costs, you are the only one who can answer your query.

3. Serenity Landscaping

Serenity Landscaping LawnSite Member

The job took a long hot 21 hrs. Thanks Jameson but I need a reasonable amount , I know the customer paid 1,250 dor the materials.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

How many of your men worked on the job? Did you use any machinery/equipment of your own or that YOU had to rent? 60.00/hr per man.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Lets see here. YOU are in "business" and YOU have already done this job and YOU put in 21 "long, hot hours" in at it and YOU

a) give the client an aggreed upon price BEFORE YOU did the work?

and

b) didn't have a contract with that stated price for the work?

and

b) don't even know how much to charge?

DOUBLE :dizzy:

6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Who gives a flying F#@# what the customer paid for. Are you that insecure to say Hey this what I am worth and believe it?????????? A reasonable amount??? Are you kidding me@@@@@@ Get a real job with someone that has b@lls to charge accordingly. That will solve your problems. :hammerhead:

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The fair price would be......your labor rate times 21 hours...the cost for the materials is well the cost for materials.

8. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

answer:

21 hours x your rate = $852.29.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Hey I need a bunch of stuff needs doing... I paid like TWO THOUSAND dollars for the materials so can you come over and do it for a reasonable amount?
    Yeah yeah just do it, bill me later but please be fair and reasonable because I just spent a lot of money.

I think they seen you coming.

I mean come on, they just spent over a grand and now they want you to work for cheap? What kinda bs is that?
    Well I tell you what kinda bs this is:
    What they're doing is flaunting the money which, in case you haven't figured it out, makes you greedy and greed clouds your judgement so you're no longer in any shape to go thinking business. Your best bet is to run as fast as you can because these people know exactly what they're doing, but you can also make them put their wallet where their mouth is and charge them double (and they will not bother you again) but yes, you got to give them the figure before you get started.

10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

and you guys are worried about illegals killing our industry?