NEED HELP! Adjusting deck on TTHP 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut 2 Please, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

My TTHP 36 is a 1/4 inch off of all my other mowers. I have tried everything I can think of to adjust it but i can not seem to get it right. It is adjustable on the rear height adjusters but it does not have any adjusters on the front. Has anyone adjusted one of these, and can you give me some pointers in what I need to do?
    Thanks.
    Charles

2. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Are you saying the height increments on your TTHP (1/2" increments) are either 1/4" too high or too low compared to your other mowers? If so, try washers to place in between the spacers that area already there on your height adjustment pins.

I'm, assuming you have the floating deck . . .

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Quite is correct, I use I/4 inch spacers and 1/8 inch spacers and you can dial in any height your desire by combinations.

4. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

Mine does have the floating deck. The height is 1/4 inch to high, making the lowest setting 1 3/4 inches instead of 1 1/2. If I use washers to space it up then my lowest setting would be 2". I need to figure out why I am having this problem and fix it. I went by my Exmark dealer and they could not figure it out either. Walk-behinds do not sell very good down here so they do not have much experiance with them. I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks,
    Charles

5. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

What difference does a quarter inch make. Surely you aren't using 2 different mowers in the same parts of the yard. Our exmarks run anywhere from a quarter of an inch to an inch and a half different.

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

A 1/4 of an inch is a big difference and very noticable on a lush lawn. I will run a wb and the Z on the same lawn with the same heights anbd you would not be able to tell the difference. If the heights were off, you would see it right away.

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Have you Ever Heard of 1/4" Spacers ?

Put them on the Pole and Go Nuts.

I Just read your Second Post...You're Cutting @1.5" w/the Tracer ?

Wow.

8. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

For mowing Tif 419 I use the washers to raise it up to 1.75" for the summer. Mow at 1.5" for spring and fall.

And a 1/4" height differential is a big and very noticeable difference on lawns cut short.

How 'bout removing the factory spacer that's already there and replacing it with a thinner washer/spacer?