Need Help and Advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Davis Landscaping, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Davis Landscaping

Davis Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am 17 years old, i have been mowing in my grandparents retirement development for about five years now. i have everything needed to grow big, including an exmark lazer z 60", exmark metro 48", toro timemaster 30", lawnboy 20" and a kubota bx2200 backhoe. i also have trimmers, blowers, trailers and all that good stuff. what is the best way for me to advertise? i pass out flyers door to door, but i need to make a better looking one for sure. there are plenty of developments with big lawns, i just want to be able to get them. i dont do that crap job that some of the landscapers around here do. i care about a great looking lawn and just want to get a good amount of customers this year. please help with any business suggestions/advice.
    thanks, trevor
  2. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Website with pictures is a good place to start.
    Google plus local page
    and other types of pages.

These are the modern phone directories
  3. Davis Landscaping

thanks. how do you feel about car/trailer magnets and or signs? i was pricing some on vistaprint but i didnt know how effective they were
  4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Hands down best money ive spent on advertising was the graphics on my truck and trailers. Decided to take the plunge and do a full wrap on my 18' enclosed trailer this year. Ive had awesome response with directmail postcards.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Davis Landscaping

thanks for the info. my buddy is in making graphics for motorcross bikes and stuff like that and he wrapped his tacoma, im sure he could do my enclosed for a good price. thanks!
  6. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Absolutely, professional graphics on the trucks and or trailers.
  7. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

Vistaprint LARGE magnets dont look to bad. I got a completely white magnet (matches the color of my truck) and just put the name/location/phone number on it as big as I could get it. They dont look to bad.

The one that has the picture of the lawn mower or the lawn i feel take away from the name/phone number. Although it does help people not have to read to know what you do.