1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Asap

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mowerboy04, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i don't know if this is the right fourm or not but i need help bad. i need to find a way to keep my paper work end of the business orginized. i need away of keeping track of incomeing and out going money, and also how to keep track of clients that have paid and not paid. thanks for the input
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

How many clients do you have? If not a lot, then just use excel spreadsheets, until you build up your client base. My computer has word, excel, publisher, etc. does yours?
  3. Mowerboy04

i have about 30 clients and yes i have excel, publisher, and all that other stuff. but i really have no idea on how to set anything up.
    thanks for the reply
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Well there is going to be a slight learning curve on any software that you use. So you might as well get busy and start trying to learn it. Maybe get thru the year this year using excel, and then as you pick up more customers, look into one of the green industry software programs that will also print out your invoices.
  5. Mowerboy04

do you by anychance have any example of spread sheets that you use? if you do could u possible email me a copy? bonkerdrum@aol.com
  6. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

if you are not comfortable learning these programs just and an accountant...or hire someone part time to do the books....or get a job working for someone else till you learn how to run your business.
  7. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I have Groundskeeper Pro. It's all I need and works great. Keeps track of everything. You can download a free trial of it. It's put out by Adcad. Try it you'll like it. You could also try Gopher for free, but I didn't like it as much.
  8. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Wise...wise words...:clapping: :weightlifter: :drinkup: