Need Help Badly on Shrub pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jeromet, Aug 22, 2006.

1. jeromet

jeromet LawnSite Member

I'm a newbie. Ok with priceing everything but shrubs. I've been doing commercial bush hogging so I am doing ok at looking at a property and getting all out of the bids there is to get. But I am worrind about loosing my but on shrubs. I calulate at $50.00 per hour. But dont know where to start on the shrubs. Any help appreciated.

2. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

meaning trimming or planting?.more specifics please.

3. jeromet

jeromet LawnSite Member

trimming and also can u charge by the hour for this kind of service ?

4. jeromet

jeromet LawnSite Member

All my bushhoggin has been done by the hour. But that has cut myself short. I just cant look at shrubs and tell how long it will take. Is there some kind of formula

5. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

i ussually charge by the bush depending on the size i normally charge 5-10 per bush because i figure 1$/min and it only take 5-10min to trim and clean trimmings from a normal sized bush

if youve never trimmed bushes you should try before you bid this or you could sell yourself short bigtime

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do you have any at home?? practice

7. jeromet

jeromet LawnSite Member

I have trimmed my own but with cheap elec equipment and never timed myself. Thank for the info. The home I own now does not have shrubs just azellias. I could buthcer them and time the clean up LOL

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do not do that this time of year-- too late. Right after bloom in spring

9. shamus78

shamus78 LawnSite Member

we charge $65.00 an hour for shrub trimming and pruning

10. hughmcjr

hughmcjr LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

50.00/hr is good if you are working alone. I would suggest 30.00/hr more for each additional helper over and above the 50.00/hr you charge. If you have you and another helper, 75.00 to 80.00 per hour would be reasonable.