Need Help Bagging This One???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yarddawg, Mar 14, 2002.

1. yarddawg

yarddawg LawnSite Member

I have a first time customer wanting her roff cleaned off. She would like me to bag the pine straw on her roof instead of blowing it off. She does not want the straw in her flower beds. So I offerd to tarp her beds but she will not have it anyother way. Should there be somekind of hazard pay in this one??? :blob2:
  2. Simple you don't want to do it, then don't do it.

Sound easy to do to me though.

T&M no other way.
  3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i can't even think of a good or even remotely safe way do that:confused:
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't put myself in danger for her stupid azz. Offer to blow off and cleanup or nothing. If she doesn't like it, walk away.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Your idea seems fine to me. What does she think you are...some kind of magican?
  6. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Just when you think you've heard it all!!!!!:D
    Tell her that because of the safety issue your insurance company will not cover you for that type of practice. That should change her mind no one likes to get sued. Also give her a price for it to be bagged and blown off. Tell her besides it is more cost effective to blow it off. Also make her sign a release from you draw up by your lawyer saying your not held accountable for injuries. Chances are with all the red tape she will either go with blowing it off or her stubborn %$@ will find someone else. You don't need your guys getting hurt and or even suing you.
  7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Get a small broom,charge double and take your sweet time.
  8. I would price it my way, then if she still needs it done her way charge appropriately. If you can do it safely go for it, if not its somebody elses trouble.
  9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Just a thought, is there anyway you could vac it? My homeowners leaf blower has a vac tube and a bag. I don't know how, but there must be a way to rig something. Sure would be expensive for the Lady if I were doing it. Either way, it looks dangerous.
  10. gunputt

gunputt LawnSite Member

Tell her you will have to charge her double, and you will have to use a ladder with someone holding it. Then tell her that you will not be held responsible for what happens when you have to tiptoe through her tulips.

bag the bag.