1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need help bidding a job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jayme Smith, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Jayme Smith

Jayme Smith LawnSite Member

:blob3: I own an Exmark to mow my own yard(3 acres). I can bid on a commercial job to help pay for it, but I 'm not sure how to come up with a bid. Any help would be appreciated, as I am new to the business. Any formulas or general suggestions?
  2. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

Jayme, I new at this also. Started March 1. This is what I'm doing here. I guess at how long it will take me to do the job and times it by $45 or $50 a hr. Don't forget about the trim work. It takes the longest. The other men here know a lot more about it than me. So I look forward to some post from them also. Hope this helps. :)
  3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That's like asking what your favorite color is. The answers that you'll get will vary widely and are affected by factors such as location, company size, equipment used, reputation, quality of work, etc.

Whatever you do, don't forget to factor in cost of insurance and licensing. Or if you skip those, the fines that result (they're more expensive).