Need help bidding first commercial job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by justin1431, Feb 23, 2007.

1. justin1431

justin1431 LawnSite Member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some good pointers on bidding for a commercial job. I dont really have any details yet...just got the call.
    Its a housing authority and the guy said it would prob take 3 guys 3 days to complete. I know this info is pretty vague but I just need to know what to look for and what notes to take monday when i go take the first look.
    I'll bring back more details then and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin
    Executive Landcare LLC

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Its really hard to give you any help without knowing what kind of equipment you have and how big the property is. when you go to look at it try and get some property measurments also how many obsticles you have to mow around like trees, swing sets, sidewalks, flower beds, landscaping, and anything else that will use up time. If you have the address look it up on one of those satalite mapping sites it should give you a good view of the property. When you go out to see the property make sure to take notes about the property be sure to note things above and potential problems and let them know you will figure your costs and get back with them in a day or so. Never and I mean Never give a fixed price the day you look at it unless its residential there are just to many thing to consider on large commercial properties.