NEED HELP!!! Bidding on 11 1/2 acres seed and fert.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1cooltreeguy, Oct 16, 2007.

1. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Can u guys help me? I am bidding on 11.5 acres and I am putting fescue out and starter fert. What I need from you guys is what you would charge for Power Raking the 11.5 acres with a 6 foor harley power rake (Labor Cost) and what you would charge to lay 80 bags of fescue seed and 40 bacs of starter fert.? assume all are 50 lbs a bag. Please give me your thoughts....E:clapping:

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Site conditions and equipment will be a big factor on this one. Soil condiditon? Bare ground or existing spotty turf makes a huge different on a property this size. I have a cultivator that I use for bigger stuff and I still wouldn't do something this big. It would be difficult to find a customer that would be willing to pay what I would charge for this job. I can make more on smaller jobs so myself I would skip it.
    What kind of equipment do you have?

3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I dont know if I'd touch it.
    Who is going to make sure this place gets watered?
    Thats a big area.
    I'd hate to be married to that one.

4. 1cooltreeguy

Ok - it has spotty weeds throughout and it needs to be power raked to clean that up as well as prep the ground for seed. soil is decent but you are absolutely right about the water - it will need to be kep wet for a good while. a clause will be in the contracct with no guarentee as there is no irrigation. someone give me some figures $$ please. thanks, e

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Will you be seeding with a 3pt hitch spreader? How much can i hold? I've never used a power rake so I'm not sure how long that will take. For spreading the seed I'd charge $5 a bag, so 120 x 5 = $600. For the Power rake maybe just charge by the acre say $150 an acre. so 150 x 11.5 = $1725.

Total would be $2,325. I might be low since I've never done the power rake, but at least it's a start.

6. 1cooltreeguy

now we are getting somewhere. Thanks for the info. any others? Do you have any experience with fescue?

7. motorider000

motorider000 LawnSite Member

We get 5cents per square foot prep, seed , fert, and straw.