Need help bidding this job

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by the.hines, Sep 14, 2010.

1. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

Lady just wants all of these bushes removed. I am not sure on how to bid this I figured that I may hire one other guy. Anybody?:confused:

bushes.jpg

2. looks like an awful big job.

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

You should probably rent a backhoe and go to town. Those look MASSIVE! ....oh and don't locate any utilities. Waste of time.

4. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Those other clowns are just messing with you. If you have a chain saw simply cut it at the base or use snips to cut them at the very base. If they want the root ball up tie a chain around it and yank them out with the mower.

It would take me probably 30 minutes, and I would charge 100.00 to put it at the road or another 50.00 to haul it away. Also another 50.00 if they want the roots up. Shouldn't take you long.

5. the.hines

That is kind of what I was thinking on price. I think that is kind of what I will do as well. I am not planning on pulling up the root balls just get everything that is above ground. She wants to cover the area with fabric and mulch.

6. R&T Services

R&T Services LawnSite Member

I'm new to this but that seems a little high for 30 minites of work especially if you plan to do the mulch too
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

louisiana is spot on! Maybe charge a little more.

8. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

i just had a job similar to this...i cut the yard which was about half acre and cut the bushes at the base with snips....did the whole job for $75....and when i go back to cut the grass i will just charge $50....since you are just doing the bushes i would charge $50...if they want the roots out charge another $50...i would just cut them off at the ground with snips or maybe even a chainsaw if they are really big around at the base

9. the.hines

I bid on it tonight. Just cutting to the ground and taking them to the road, I am charging $50. Figured that most of the work will be dragging them out of the way so I can get the chainsaw back in for another cut.

10. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

cool..hope it goes well...for some reason when i do things like this it always takes longer than i thought it would lol