Need help buying a ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgooseman, Mar 5, 2008.

1. sgooseman

sgooseman LawnSite Member

Trying to find a ZTR mower that meets the following criteria:
    1-Stripes well – (I also only mulch mow).
    2-Around $7000.
    3-Light weight (Less than 1000lbs) Don’t want to rut a yard.
    4-48”-54” Deck with a mulch kit.
    5-Decent on slight slopes.
    6-Of course dependable.

Thanks

2. sgooseman

sgooseman LawnSite Member

Can someone provide some help?

3. jnova35

jnova35 LawnSite Member
    from tn

I just purchased a bad boy. might not be for you, but they sold me. gl first year guy here

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Gravely 148Z or 152Z

These with the X-Factor deck mulch good, stripe good and they are ok on a hill and they are in your price range. We are about to pick up a new 160Z for $6899 so the smaller ones should be less. Very high quality machines that are built for the long haul.

http://www.gravely.com/

[​IMG]

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Bad Boy Pup 30hp Kohler Command $6395 48" $6695 52" or the Lightning 52" with a 26hp LC Kawasaki suspension, michigan seat 14mph for $7495 www.badboymowers.com

6. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally do not have one yet! But I havve a good friend that mows in Branson MO. which is all hill side and rocky! He has a scag, ferris, Dixie Chopper and Yazoo. He bought a Country Clipper last year and is switching totally to them because of there hillside ability! I demowed a 60" and I have never been on anything like it on a hill!! They are incredible! I now several others who mow parks with them here and all of them are very happy with them! Very underated machines!

7. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

If you are mulching St Augustine Grass, the Exmark 52" with the Ultra Cut deck does a great job mulching with kit. Great on slopes compared to Dixie. Very dependable, May run slightly more than 7K. The only thing I am not sure on is stripping capability as in central Florida that is not an option. Should fall in your weight restrictions.

8. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, most ztrs in the 48 in size hit right around the 7 grand mark dont they??

I dont really know, i have never priced one, i am more asking.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is a great looking burger chip k1

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

For what you what you should be pretty well off with a 50" Exmark Lazer Z HP. It has a striping kit available if you find it doesn't stripe well on its own. It has the deck size your looking for. It should be wide enough that slight hills won't be an issue for it. But is is going to cost you about $8000 or so, and it weights 1135lbs. You won't really be able to find a good commercial mower that weighs under 1000lbs, maybe homeowner models or ones that say "commercial grade" but not a real commerical mower. Good Luck.