Need help choosing a mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WeedWhackers, May 8, 2007.

1. WeedWhackers

WeedWhackers LawnSite Member

I need help choosing a lawn mower. I am new to the business and am trying to pick the right one. I am mainly gonna be cutting small yards 3/4 acre and less, but mainly less then 1/2 acre. I am thinking about the Hustler Mini-Z 52 or the Everride Hornet 52. Let me know which one I should choose or any other model I need to look at. Also looked at the Everride scorpion, which is a stand up mower. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't even load the Z for lots under an acre, I find the Wb a far more efficient machine on smaller lots...
    Then again, I do have Toros (T-bar), you can usually find one used for 1-2g but you might want to start looking because they're far and few in between, good deals on a Toro in decent shape even less so.

The Wb is a lot lighter, goes all day on 4 gallons and in smaller lots the slower max speed is more consistent than the heavier, faster Z.
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I have no experience with everride, but the hustler is a good mower. good luck
  4. WeedWhackers

WeedWhackers LawnSite Member

I bought the Everride Hornet 48" with the Kawasaki 19hp. It is a great machine. Nice cuts even at high speeds.