Need help convincing parents on having 2 trimmers.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Cuttinitclose, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I need your guys honest opinion here. I'm trying to convince my parent to let me buy a second trimmer. I want a FS 90R because of the straight shaft, and keep my JD. I plan on alternating them on jobs. I'll have the money for it even if I don't get the large job I hope to get, later in the season. Paying Cash. So, the question is do I need 2 trimmers? PLEASE HELP!

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

whats wrong with the first one?

3. Cuttinitclose

Nothing but, others on here say to carry 2 trimmers in case one breaks down. Im getting rid of the Ryobi shown in my sig., because it's a Piece of Junk, if I get the Stihl.

4. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

You should def have one as a back up. Good luck glad to see you're not wasting your life in front of the tv.

5. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

get a husq from lowes. its like $180, and I almost like it better than the $300 echo.

6. Cuttinitclose

But commercial grade? I have to be doing something outside, weather permitting, or I go crazy!:laugh:

7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

get a jd trimmer, stihl are gas guzzlers, dont get me wrong though, they are good trimmers.

8. Cuttinitclose

I have a JD and love it (its a bent shaft),but are the straight shafts as good as Stihls? I want something I can keep for a very very long time.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

you dont really need 2. im sure you customers wouldnt mind if you explained that you would come back and trim cause your trimmer broke. If your running a big business its diffrent but for now one should be fine

10. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

You definetely need a backup. I like Shindaiwais personally. They are heavy, but the best.