need help, cub cadet z force

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by spider35, Oct 3, 2006.

1. spider35

spider35 LawnSite Member

someone please help. i bought a z force 44 and the blades disengage everytime i barely move the arms backward. this is a pain. how can i do away with this feature, please help

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i have a neighbor with the same problem, it was never fixed......this was a new machine, and the dealer couldnt fix it, lets hope you didnt buy it from lowes, home depot or tractor supply, at least if you got it from a dealer they can help you out....but if they find out you are cutting commercially with it, that can void the warrenty...

you may want to check the gaps on the pto clutch, i think the specs a 1400.....

saving a few bucks buy not buying commercial never works out, people here will say how they dont have a problem , but usually they are just too embarassed to admit it.....
    this is one of the reason to NEVER by residential equipment.....

3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Its a stupid safety feature on some mowers to disengage the blades in reverse. There should be a way to bypass it.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

True commercial brands like eXmark, Scag, (hustler?) don't disengage in reverse. The Z Force is intended to be more of a high end (the irony) consumer mower and thus must meet stricter safety requirements than a full blown commercial unit.

5. ghuffman3

ghuffman3 LawnSite Member

If you look just below the tracking adjustment bolts you will see 2 grey switches, one left and one on the right. Push the tabs in and slide it out of the metal bracket, you don't even have to disconnect the wiring. I just let the switches hang in the body work. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with the movement of the lap bars. This was the first thing I did when I bought my mower. I am not in the business, just like to have a nice yard and enjoy coming to this forum to absorb any kind of knowledge that I can. Hope this helps.

George

6. spider35

spider35 LawnSite Member

thanks for the info. your help is truly appreciated. i am like you, like to keep a nicelawn and log in here for great advice.

7. ghuffman3

ghuffman3 LawnSite Member

no problem, glad I could help.

8. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, Just put a jumper on one of the Safety switches from the Control Arms.

9. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i hade the same problem thanks for the help.

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

so thats why the dealer wouldnt disconect it, a safety feature... thats crazy... disingaging every time you go in reverse, i dont see how that makes it any safer, well go figure....:)