Need help expanding new business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ncmedic581, Aug 23, 2005.

1. ncmedic581

ncmedic581 LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a lawn care business this past May. My Equipment is great, consisting of:

52 in. Toro Z Master
    48 in. Toro Z Master
    2- Echo Straight Shaft Trimmers
    Echo Backpack blower
    Echo Hedge Trimmers
    Echo Shredder/Vac
    Stihl Edger
    Solo 3gal. Backpack sprayer
    18 ft. Enclosed Trailer
    2004 F-150 Crew Cab

Also may customer base is bringing in approx $1500 a month on a regular basis. The problem is I would like to expand and take on more customers but I'm not exactly sure on the best way of advertising, especially with the season being over half way through. I would really like to get customers on a year-round contract. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Joe721

Joe721 LawnSite Member
    from florida

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

careful wo you listen to around here, lots of good advise form the old timers, but lots of children playiing also.....

anytime of the year is a good time to advertise, try a searcha nd you will get hundreds of ideas...
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I advertise at different times of the year. When i feel like i could use more clients, i go and put out flyers, and if i don't want anymore, then i stop advertising for awhile. Good Luck, as daveintoledo said "anytime of the year is a good time to advertise"
  5. ncmedic581

ncmedic581 LawnSite Member

I appreciate the help I just meet with the Local newspaper today and setup an ad to run in this sunday, wednesday, and friday's paper. I think I may Try the Flyer Idea next, the newspaper is expensive!!!