Need Help Fast, Pricing Big Job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jnr, Jul 31, 2007.

1. jnr

jnr LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to bid on a new retirement center and need help. I have never bid on something this big before.
    12 acres in all, 1 large residence 4 condo-like buildings. 2 long storage unit buildings for residents. There is a lot of landscaping on the property. She wants mowing, trimming, weeding of landscape areas, pruning of bushes, and fall clean-up.

Hope that this gives everybody an idea of what the property is like. It is virtually a 12ac. condo community.

What is the best way of pricing it.
    How many hours it would take per mowing?
    Pricing it per service as far as mowing - fall cleanup - pruning etc.etc.?
    Pricing it as one lump service?

Thanks in advance. This site has been such a huge help.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Jeeze dude -- you better charge by the hour, and hope they trust you for not inflating the price.

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

There really is no way to help you on this because no one has seen the property. We have no idea how many shrubs there are to take care of, how many obstacles there are to trim around, is the ground flat or hilly, any gates or not, the area of the beds to be weeded, and what is involved in fall cleanup due to the number of trees.

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

This is your first post but yet LS has been a big help.

So therefore - ballpark price $360.00 / mow included trim and blow, everything else on an hourly rate - which may vary on here. Alot of guys will tell ya $1 / minute - other will say 1/2 that. Only you know what you need - don't let money sitting on the table either so know your cost, your biz and maybe best off saying thanks for the offer but currently I am not taking on any more work.

5. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

if your new in the biz this might be to big of a pill for you to swallow. its ok to say no sometimes, rather than getting (involved) in any way with something you really aren't ready for (yet). start with small residential, the big stuff will come.