1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help fast with retaining wall thanks

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Vasa16, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Vasa16

Vasa16 LawnSite Member

:help: I'm about to start building a retaining wall it is 220 ft long 3 ft high it's out of concrete blocks I need to know how much to charge and this is my first time since the last wall I put up 8 months ago, and which way should i charge them hourly or? thanks for suggestions it be really nice if you email me at vasa2002@hotmail.com thank you again for your time to give me an advise
  2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

How are you about to start building a retaining wall that you don't even have a price for? Maybe on the west coast it's different. Here on the east coast, we provide an estimate for a job, come to an agreement on price with the customer, and THEN we schedule the job.

If you're telling me that you name your price after the customer agrees to hire you then I'm telling you that I'm packing and coming out there. I would like to rent some space from you. Let me see how it goes and then I'll let you know how much I'll pay you for rent.
  3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

4. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

5. Vasa16

Vasa16 LawnSite Member

I needed an estimate that wall is just for my family and I have to do it I just dont know how much to take for it :)
  6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

you made it seem like you were going to start on the job tomorrow and didn't know waht to charge and the customer didnt care how much it was. At least thats what it sounded like in your first post....

I'd charge materials + 25% markup. Then estimate how long it'd take you and your hourly rate. If a job were to take me ten hours with two men, that'd be $800, then I'd add like 300-500 incase something unforseen comes up and it takes you longer. So for a job that takes 10hours, I'd charge about $1350 + materials + 500 for the company, but most likely 1000 would go in the business account.
  7. Vasa16

Vasa16 LawnSite Member

Thanks to everyone that gave me suggestions.
  8. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I would charge 20k
  9. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

somewhere around 30k ....give or take 2k
  10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I would probably do the job for around 25k, but if it were family, more like 35k.