Need help Fast!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnboy51, Aug 25, 2006.

1. lawnboy51

lawnboy51 LawnSite Member

Heres the deal. Looking at a truck. 1996 F250. v6 4.7 8ft bed, reg cab.. 68k original miles. Dude is asking $2,950 for it. So I told him what I was going to use it for and he said well maybe we can make a deal I need some bush's trimmed. They are at least 12-14 ft tall. One row is at least 80ft long, the next is approx 40-50 ft long. He wants 2 foot off the top and just trim up the sides.

I was thinking about bidding $1,300 for the job including haul away. Is this too much? Too little? He'll deduct that from the price of the truck.

What do u think? Need to call him back tonight!

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Maybe a little steep price wise. Even if you figured yourself at say 50 ph and one laborer at 25 ph. Lets say 8 hr day does the job easily, total is 600 labor, maybe 50 tops to dump, how far do you need to haul the debris? Say 75 trucking fee(maybe) and a rental for an articulated head extended reach trimmer at say 50 bucks(unless you have one). How bad do you want/need the truck? I'd do the job for the numbers above and definitely be done long before a full day, probably by lunch. Remember I said figure, your customer does not need to know how you got to your price. I may be undercharging for your area but here those prices are fair. I say 800-850 including a small fudge factor.

3. lawnboy51

Well I lowered it a lot after feeling him out. I said $550 and he said it was too much and that he'd just do it himself a little at a time.

What about the truck?

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Was curious, is it 4x4 ?

5. lawnboy51

No 2wd. and It's a straight 6.