Need Help Fast!!!!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rogers lawn care, Jun 21, 2007.

1. rogers lawn care

rogers lawn care LawnSite Member

ok hears the deal replaced a sprinkler head the other day now have a problem a major leak some were and now another 40 feet from that head one is not working now the leak is from the head i replaced 8 feet from house all the way to back of house its a big L shape exactly 8 feet from house. is it watering to long or do i have a major leak?and how do i find it with out diggin the whole thing up?

2. rogers lawn care

faster than this

3. I read this three times and I feel like I'm trapped in a roundabout. I can't for the life of me figure out what you are saying.

4. rogers lawn care

ok i got alot of water on the ground 8 feet from back of house all the way around to the side of house could this be a leak that long or is it something else

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

No, its the second flood.

Start building an ark.

Or, you could perhaps post pictures?

6. rogers lawn care

what good is pictures im telling you what its doing you do know what water looks like dont you?

7. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Turn your irrigation off for a few days to let the ground dry out. Then turn it back on and walk around with it on. Look around and see where the water comes up first.

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, but we can't see the pipe in the ground. So we have no way in hell of knowing why you have water somewhere. Do you think we are a bunch of mind readers?

Here is my theory.

You replaced a head. When you did that you got dirt into the pipe. This dirt clogged the next head down the way (hence it not working).

Now you have the new head, it probably has the wrong size nozzle in it, because you didn't think about that. This nozzle is now spewing out tons of water, and the pressure is higher because the last head is clogged.

So now you have a big wet mess, and a clogged head.

Go get em tiger.

9. I guess I'll dive in. Check the water meter-is it moving? Shut off the sprinkler system at the main shut off to the system. (that's not the timer/controller/clock) Assuming it was moving does it stop? Do this and we'll go from there. If you can't do this part then I'd get a professional.

10. rogers lawn care

Well new head has right nozzel and the head that isnt working is in the middle of two heads that is working, explain that? And i have turned the water off will turn it back on tomorrow, bye the way its dry now since its been off. Meter not running.