Need Help Fast!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Sep 12, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

what do you guys think about a toro from home depot? does tor make a push mower that is not self-propelled? I am looking for a nice push mower that is under 400.00, and is not self propelled, with a hp of at least 6!

I need to buy a new push mower tommorow, my craftsman is broken , and I need a new one by tommorow!

2. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

I bought the Toro you speak of from them because I was in a bind. I will be lucky if it lasts the season. Front drive setup binds. The lower end Toro's seem to be very similar to Craftsmans. Mine has a Tecumseh engine that has performed well so far. The drive setup is my biggest gripe as well as the cheap wheels that wobble. I learnt my lesson.

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I have a toro proline from way back to 1984 and it still runs perfect with the 2 cycle suzuki with a little muffler and carb cleaning. It does not answer your question though because it was mainly used as the only mower and it is self propeled, but this does give you something to think about. It is a 1984 and is still the same design today with very few changes. I am just very proud thats half the reason I made this post. And the other is that this mower will last forever and needs no oil changes and runs on 50:1 gas/oil mix.(and the home depot does not have this mower) but they are costly and will pay for its self over time.