Need help finding carb kit; I decided to work on a boat motor. 7hp tecumseh

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tigerepairdotcom, Feb 16, 2014.

1. tigerepairdotcom

tigerepairdotcom LawnSite Senior Member

Help need carb kit don;t know where to start. Have searched a few places and nothing. This comes off an OLD onf of these 7 hp Tecumseh-Eska-Ted-Williams-Sears-7hp number on carb is 391 1018

[​IMG]

NEED THIS GASKET set

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Yikes! those old 70's early 80's Ted Williams/Eska/Gamefisher/Tecumseh outboards are flimsy, bargain basement, and tough to get parts for. (Basically a glorified lawn mower motor w/ a prop!) Trust me, I had an early 80's model, that I sold for 75 bucks a few years back!! There is a place in Grand Rapids, MI that sells a lot of old outboard parts.
    www.sportfishermans-service.com/

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with that, I can tell you back 20 years ago, When I owned a couple of these outboards carb parts were NLA from Tecumseh......

4. Jeff in AL

Jeff in AL LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

5. tigerepairdotcom

Noooooooooooooooooooooo... Okay I Thank everyone for quick responses and spending time to help me out. I guess its gonna be gasket material and scalpel... The see through gasket type material is in good shape and I will re use it. The thing is is this old Asian gentleman wants me to get it running for him and It did run last year. And a stupid question but do these run on normal 50:1 2 stroke mix?

6. Trees Too

All those old outboards are 2-cycle. As I recall, that's a 50:1 mixture. And then gear oil in the lower unit. Two screws in the leg. Small vent at the top, and large drain at the bottom. As I remember, the carb had a red rubber "pump element" that would blow a hole in the side, and need replacing. Plus threads would strip on that thing. As I said before, a cheap, flimsy, air-cooled motor!:cry:

7. tigerepairdotcom

The red "Pump element" Is in really good shape :D thank goodness hopefully I can get it back together and it run like a champ and stay that way so I can get paid :) I am also rebuilding the 3 carbs that came off his 1988 mercury 80 orig it was hard to start and there was a fuel leak and replacing oil supply and fuel lines. This guy will be back in the water as soon as I get the parts and I will be rolling in some moolah!

8. Trees Too

Another old outboard parts company worth checking out...
    www.discount-marine-parts.com/

Only other option is to do a search on Ebay!