Need help finding diagram

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pecker, May 20, 2004.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,
    This is in regard to my Toro Proline 32, 1995 model, model #30157. I did a search and didn't find much. Also went to Toro's website and looked at the Master View Parts finder. It has a bunch of diagrams on there but not the one I need.

What I need help with: The spindle assembly that holds the blade on.

Where can I find a diagram to see how this thing goes together so that when I put it all back, I know it will be on there right.

Even more specifically. . .today my father was using it and I here a loud clankclankclank. The whole blade fell off with the whole assembly attached to it out the bottom. Somehow there is a single nut at the top of the assembly (goes around the threads right below the grease zerk) and nothing to stop the nut from backing completely off, which is what happened. Thank God it didn't hurt him. Anyhow, it seems that there would have been some pin or something that would keep that nut from backing off. From looking at it, it looks like the grease had come out and somehow caused the assembly to spin the nut off. . .my guess. Scary, scary.

Please help. I can't work without this old mower (no backyards at least). Thanks a million in advance.

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

When i bought a spindle at the dealer he put it together, all i had to do was bolt it to the deck and grease it.

3. Pecker

Ok, thanks Eric. Did you notice a pin of any sort holding the nut on at the top of the assembly?

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

As long as you have the bearings in there right, just tighten that nut up real good. It will have a flat washer to go on first, then just get it very tight. I have had mine get loose on my before also.

5. lawnman_scott

Heres how it will go. You have your spindel thats welded (i think) to the thing that holds the blade in place. first put on beariing, then comes the spindel housing, then the spacer, the upper bearing, MAY BE A C-CLIP HERE, then the washer, locknut, and grease fitting.

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

No

7. Pecker

Thank you Lawnman Scott. I've gotta get that thing back together reeeal quick! What did yours do when it came loose? I hope not the same thing that happened to my dad. Did anything stop the nut?

8. lawnman_scott

Yeah it came out the bottom. Now we try to keep an eye on it, but its not a common thing.

9. Pecker

Ok. Do you think that runnung another nut just like up to it and then tightening the two nuts together would do the trick?

Also, thanks Eric too.

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

" Need help finding diagram"

Me thinks your doctor can help.
    Birth control what an invention.