Need help finding retaining wall block

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MJK, Oct 18, 2013.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

This lady wants to get as close to the picture below as possible. She wants to find a bright limestone color to match with these front pillars and stone on the house around the front door.

She wants it to be segmental retaining walls, no mortar. We are going to use if for a raised patio, 3ft in height.

Any thoughts?

pillar.jpg

2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

Eeeeeek! I do not know of anything segmented like that. Dry stacked fon du lac may be your best bet. With glue of course. It will be time sensitive to make it an Ashler pattern. Good luck!

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I would consider Belgard Belair or Techo Quarry Stone

4. MJK

fon du lac is something I was thinking. She loves the belair, same texture but they do not have the color to match. She wants that color and match the texture as much as possible.

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

How about poured concrete and using a cultured stone veneer? They make that stuff in a million styles. Or even realstone or thinstone
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. MJK

That's the problem, she doesn't want the poured wall.

7. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Check out Rosetta stone. I know the rep told us he might to be able to color match. This was a few years ago bit I'm sure they still could.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Why doesn't she want a poured wall?

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Tell your lady there isn't a smart phone app for that and to just pic from what's available and be done with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device