Need help finding thread

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by scottt, Jul 27, 2004.

1. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased a few accounts to add to my maintenance business. I am looking for the thread showing a letter someone had sent to their new customers when they bought a business. If anyone remembers this thread I would appreciate the help in finding it. Thank You

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Scottt,

Here are two posts you might want to review. This letter is from the 2nd post.

Link 1

Link 2

"To: Mr. Or Mrs. Customer
    123 Street St
    Jacksonville, FL 30000

Subject: Ownership Transition for Residential Lawn Maintenance Division

[Customer]
    I am writing to inform you of a business change that will impact your lawn maintenance. As you may know I am currently involved heavily in commercial services and it is this portion of my business that is requiring more and more of my attention. Finding a reputable lawn care service is something I consider to be my duty as your current service provider. Please be assured that there will be no compromise in quality or timeliness of service.

I am transitioning my residential services to [company name]. The owner, Chris Yagerlener, specializes in residential service and I find him to be worthy of your business. I have included in this mailing one of his business cards. I encourage each of you to speak with him, as he is very interested in meeting all of you and learning of your specific needs. He will be servicing your property on the already established service schedule.

IMPORTANT:
    Effective [date] a 30 day transition period will occur during which [company name] will provide your lawn service in accordance with the current agreements you have with [my company]. During this transition period you will still make your payments to [your company] as you always have. This time frame is given so that you may evaluate the new service and decide whether or not to retain his services.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE with [the new company] you will be asked to sign a service agreement with [the new company]. I have made arrangements to provide you with a price guarantee (meaning you will still pay the same monthly price) that will remain in effect for the remaining duration of the agreement you signed with [my company].

IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO CONTINUE simply do not sign an agreement with [company name] and find one that better suits your needs.

It has been my greatest pleasure to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or write.

Sincerely,"

3. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks gopher, that's exactly what I was looking for.