Need help, first estimate of the season

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Priority Lawn Care, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Priority Lawn Care

Priority Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Lady calls, I go over there, and it is pretty easy lawn. I guess about 100x230 or so. Wants it mowed, trimmed, edged, the norm. What would you all estimate that at?

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

$15 if you want to work and make no money
    $30.00 min depending on how many trees/trimming.

How long do you think it will take to do from the time you pull up til the time you are loaded. Take that x's by $1 minute...

3. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

personally my minimum is 30 so that would be a 30 dollar lawn...but depending on how much trimming there is to do it might go up

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

A half-acre for $30????? What's up with that? Why bother when you can do a 5k lawn for likely close to the same.

5. d&rlawncare

$30 min is all I said. He needs to know how long it will take him. How long do you estimate this job to take you (Priority lawn care)??????????????????????????

6. emerylawncare

emerylawncare LawnSite Member

Ya I feel $30 for a lawn that large is much to low, I would charge nothing less than $55. All depends on how fast you can do it and how much you want to make.

7. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

OK I haven't started yet as this is my first season but 30 bucks for a half an acre sounded pretty low to me too. I would be around 55 for that as well. It always depends on your area but that's just my 02

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Not you...lurch said he would charge $30 for that lawn

9. d&rlawncare

Just wanted to be clear and bump it up so Priority will answer on the time question....

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

My price would range from 40-65 and this would depend on the number of obstacles, amount of trimming, etc. I do have one half-acre property that I charge 70/cut, but there is around 450 feet of chainlink fence to trim.