Need help from Michiganians

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by GraZZmaZter, Mar 23, 2003.

1. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all. I'm up in the Flint area. I am going to convert all my clients over to contract only business, as i am tired of late/non payers. As well as people wanting you to go the extra mile for free. (I.E. Picking up toys, garden hoses, sticks, etc...)

I was wondering if anyone from Michigan has their clients on a contract basis, and if i could take a peek at it to get a few ideas. I have one from Grandscapes ( large outfit in the Flint area), but wanted to get some other ideas.

Thanks for all the help!

2. Kingspointe

Kingspointe LawnSite Member

All work done here is contract work. The way I see it, customers will take you seriously if you present yourself seriously. One thing I do is explain how the contract benefits both parties and they don't seem to care. Some have great success with no contracts, but I think its safer legally as well. I do not have a scanner yet but my contract explaines all monies taken from the estimate, payment methods, ect. I go over whats expected from the customer and what I will do to serve them better. Hope this helps

3. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Kingspointe

Greatly appreciate all your help and input.

How many weeks mowing do you have in your contracts?

Once again, thanks a million!