Need help from you guys....

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JayD, Apr 13, 2008.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

*trucewhiteflag*
    First off, I know nothing about Irrigation.
    I have a commercial customer that I mow for and she has ask me to turn on their system. I know she had it blown out before winter, so what is the normal steps to get it back on? I have played around with the programmer last year just to change the time on my days there. So is there a valve to turn first or what?
    I know its may seem like a stupid question to you all, but like I said, not my field.....Thanks for any info you can share.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

....and the reason you don't have a working relationship with an irrigation professional is....?

3. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I would also say get an irrigation guy to do this for you or go to school. There is a lot of good info on this site, but do you want to trust someone that might be a 12 year old kid?

4. JayD

I have never had the need for one. Although, I can see your point!
    You got me thinking.......

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for your honesty, we all started somewhere.
    "Turning on the system" indicates she dumped the
    previous contractor. Why? We could help with more
    information. I guess my thought would be, do you
    want to get into our world?

6. JayD

I'm not trying to get into your money, its just a simple turning on the system that I'm asking for guys.....as a favor to her.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's not what I meant..we don't give a rat, in fact we welcome
    new sprinkler geeks. A "favor" becomes your responsibility,
    which translates to "learn the trade". It's not "simple".

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

True words here. Once you start with this one this year, you will have to keep it up and others you'll take on. Good money though consider learning the field and make it part of your "one stop shop," if you are going to be full landscape maintenance.

9. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, i'm a sprinkler guy, been in the business over 10 years. this spring, one of my customers asked me to mow her lawn. now i've never done this before, but how hard can it be? do y'all have any suggestions? i was thinking about starting at the curb and moving in but, as i've never mowed a lawn before, i'm really just pissing in the wind, i could use a little guidance. my mom gave me her old electric mower, that should be good right?

any help would be appreciated.

pg

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: