Need help getting rid of Geese!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LawnBoyatWork, Jan 30, 2006.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Remington 870 w/modified choke for extra distance.:D
  2. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, I didn't know you could have guns in Jersey.:gunsfirin
  3. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Bird dog, Its done somewhere I read. Maybee Turf Mag???
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Thats what I was thiniking,lol:gunsfirin :gunsfirin Some one posted a thread about this awhilt ago in here, do a search.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

You can have some guns. There's just nowhere to shoot'em anymore. :gunsfirin
  6. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

We treat a large number of acres on Golf courses, Schools and business properties where geese are totally out of control.

Goose Repel (Blistering Defense) is an EPA Exempt product that is a low cost and very effective deterrent. It flavors all the grass and soil with pepper, garlic and soy-oils that stay for ~30 days.

Results are immediate and long term.
  7. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

if they are being fed by local, post signs,apply for special hunt permit through state or local wildlife authority.If this does not work .allow or encourage a few select people to run their dogs on the property.early spring , ounce they pair up with their mate and selected a nesting site, they will be almost Impossible to get rid of.urbanized ducks and geese are pain.Talk to the local wildlife authority and see how far you can go in resolving this problem.
  8. Lawn Enforcement FM

Lawn Enforcement FM LawnSite Member

The local airport here uses a border collie to chase off birds so they don't get caught in the Jet props. It may work for you. plus it is fun to watch.
  9. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Geese are federally regulated and protected...Id contact you state game commission to find out approved ways to deal with them...can be very expensive if ya accidently kill one and the wrong animal lover finds out! ..Like naughty62 said, once they decide thats the place to mate generation after generation will come back year after year. Can go from dozens to hundreds!..
  10. dwoods

dwoods LawnSite Member

My hisband has beeb taking care of a condo site and can't get rid of the geese. Any suggestions please reply.