1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Help! How much would you charge to dethatch, and overseed a 1/4 of acre flat sur

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by robbs99, Mar 24, 2006.

1. robbs99

robbs99 LawnSite Member

I have received my 1st account in my new business. I have a 1/4 acre lawn,which is flat, that I'm going to dethatch over it twice, then vacuum it up! Then I'm going to overseed the same 1/4 acre over 2 . Can You guys please give me a good estimate on this job, I would greatly appreciate your input!
  2. robbs99

robbs99 LawnSite Member

I guess since I'm not one of the everyday posters, I cant get a answer!
  3. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

What are u seeding with and how much does it cost
  4. robbs99

robbs99 LawnSite Member

I have a dethatcher with a overseeder. I dont have to get the seeds, the customers are supplying the seeds. X, please give me a slight estimate?
  5. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

Not at all bro. I charge $150 for power rake( pick it up with my walk behind) and $50 on top of the seed. I would only go over it once with the rake.
  6. Xterminator

350.00 To 500.00 depending on what You can get your machine cost Money
  7. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Never use materials supplied by customers and always beware of a customer who wants to help or supply materials.
  8. Xterminator

I think it would cost the customer about 75.00 TO RENT IT plus they would have to do the labor and clean the machine
  9. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Do not use customer supplied materials! It's your company run it like it's supposed to be run. Try not to use anything of the clients, hand tools, materials, cars (unless it's a nice one). You don't know if the seed has been sitting in their garage for 5 years or if its the wrong type of seed. For instance, if the client sees a bag that says "QUICKEST GREEN ON THE MARKET!" chances are that the customer will buy it without looking at the labeling. What the problem is is that while the client thought they made a good choice could actually turn out to bite them (and you) in the ass. You may put it down because that's what they want, but how do you know you didn't put down a 50lb bag of annual ryegrass? The bag was right, quickest greenup, but you'll catch serious hell when the first cold snap comes, cause all that pretty, lush green carpet turns into a big, dead headache.
    Always use your own products, you know what you're getting!!!!

10. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

we would be right around 305.00 that would include 30# custom blended seed, aeration , starter fert, and and 1 detathatch. price does not incluse haul away