Need help I identifying an eXmark lazer Z

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Naples, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

2. Greg78

You got one heck of a deal on that mower. The Triton deck wasn't the best deck but does pretty good on our grasses.

3. Naples

Naples LawnSite Member

2006 Im a little confused the motor has a build date of 2008 but and also what about rear tires? Any suggestion on who to get them from

4. Naples

Naples LawnSite Member

heres the numbers

aaaaaaa.jpg

5. Greg78

Possible the engine was replaced at some point, not that uncommon.

6. Naples

Naples LawnSite Member

Yeah now I got a real mystery because I decided to plug in the eng model and got 0 results and it to me it gets stranger, I happen to have another Z with what I thought was the same motor but now Im not sure after cutting my 5 acres with the "new" eXmark(grass was very high and wet) the ewxmark walked right through it theres no way the other kohler z would have done it that easily so I have taken some new pictures for comparison

IMG_1169 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1168 (768x1024).jpg

7. Naples

Naples LawnSite Member

Looking at the sticker on the back of the Exmark saying SP27 but the plate says its a 22, and when u try and search it says this combination doesnt exist, wheres that Exmark guy lol, this picture is of the old Z's motor

IMG_1166 (1024x768).jpg

8. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

The engine serial number of the unit built at Exmark does not match the serial plate so if this is a picture of the engine on the unit now it has been re-powered.

9. Greg78

That's not an SP27 Kohler pictured. That is 22 hp Courage Kohler. Not a commercial industrial engine hence why you can't find that combination. That's too bad and now it's still a good deal but not a great deal.