Need Help Immidiatlly!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Signature Landscaping1, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I need help pricing out a tree work job. Me and my friend mike did it today. He has a f350, and his liscence so it made it alot eaisier. We dropped atleast 9 trees ranging from 4'' diameter to 9'' diameter, trees that were leaning against other from a past storm we had. We are hauling the logs out also. We cut every thing up and its ready to be chipped. We rented a 12'' cap chipper about and hour ago for tomorrow. that cost $365. We also cut a couple of the nighbors trees bout 3 of them, each 4'' diameter. We are chipping those also. Do you have any idea what we should charge?????
    Btw we worked from 10-4 today, and are planning on working from 8-3 tomorrow. I need immidiate feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i know its iin the wrong forum.
    Thanks Joe

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well $365.00 + p/up delv & drop back off=Makes that about $430.00 for the machine
    Then-hauling the logs out to where and why I don't know so say 65.00 for that,Cut down cut up and chip.2 guys $400.00
    so 365+65+65+400.00=$895.00 That's in the ballpark for not really knowing the amnt of work involved in carrying out the job
    (you should have tries to sell the wood instead)could have made you some xtra $$ .

3. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

i sell firewood, so all the logs are being dumped at my house. but we did a whole lot today

4. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

were chipping everything tomorrow

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Do you have insurance for this? I think it would be totally absurd for a homeowner to hire someone to take down trees/chip trees that is not properly insurance.
    help immediately? Didn't the homeowner ask you before he hired you what the job would cost him?

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Why would you chip them if you sell firewood?

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

It would never occur to me to do a job and not tell the customer a price before hand. I can already see what's going to happen when you go to get paid. The customer is going to crap down both legs when you tell them $925 (that's prob. what I would charge) and you will have a VERY hard time getting your money because they had no idea it would be that much.

9. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

thanks, the homeowner is a friend of the family, we have no biz insurance, this is only a side job, we dont do this for a living. the reason were chipping is because of the brush/branches, and most of the small rotted logs. and this guy is really picky!!

10. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

but i dont think this guy will have a prob with money, hes loaded, he paid my friend mike 150 bucks to dig a hole fro his mailbox.
    925 may be a good price??