1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need help in a hurry!

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Kel Klip, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Kel Klip

Kel Klip LawnSite Member
    from fl

He said he bought 4 of them at one time and got a deal on them? Seems like a alright guy. (Over the phone anyway).
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

I would definitely take a good hard look at it...that sounds too good to be true and we all know what that means. I have that exact same mower but with the 26hp LC Kaw. It is an unbelievable machine! The velocity deck is by far the best deck I've ever seen. That's just over half price, my mower was 9900 in '07, hope it's legit that's a steal.

3. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

That is possible he got that good of a deal but I would only think if it was an inventory liquidation from a dealer going out of business or something like that. Usual markup on the mowers is only around 10%, that's why the dealers usually won't work with you much unless you're spending disgusting amounts of money.

4. Kel Klip

Kel Klip LawnSite Member
    from fl

Yeah Rob I don't know but I will let all you guys know what happens thanks for all the help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Their could also be a bank loan on this mower so make sure or the repo man could come looking for it, get a receipt and print out his craigslist add.

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Bingo you are the winner!!!, I bet this is the case. Get a copy of his proof of ownership or do not bye it. The bank can come and repo no matter how much you pay him for it if he does not own the mower.:cry:

7. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

just call scag headquarters.....give them the model number and ther serial number.....tell them you looking to buy it.....they should be able to tell you when it was sold, who bought it new, if there are any liens on it and if its reported stolen. i do that with every mower i buy.