Need help in figuring out the profit in doing fert. application.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kebrowns, Jul 22, 2012.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I was told to ask this question in this forum. I got my certifications to apply fert. in Georgia. I only have the tools to do yards below 1/4 acrea a 5 gallon back pack sprayer and 5 gallon spreader. I have tried different fertilizers and different techniques with a few lawns but not ably to see significant gains for me to say its worth it. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

2. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

where you getting your fert from? should be a high profit margin in my opinion. and a very high profit margin for pre's

3. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

whats a 5 gallon spreader? just curious.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

It would be a insert that goes into a push spreader.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. inzane

thats kinda what i thought, but didn't know if it was a typo.. i thought it might have been one of those earthway push sprayers. wondering if they work very well? all i have is a backpack sprayer myself. anyway sorry to jack the thread..

in my opinion, apps are very profitable especially on smaller lawns, if you have a minimum price anywhere from 30.00 to 40.00 bucks and you are treating a 2,000 sq. ft. lawn, think about how much it cost in products to make an app to that lawn?, and the amount of time it takes. imagine having a bunch of those small lawns in an area. most companies around metro atlanta seem to do anywheres from 35 to 40 minimum price, thought trugreen was doing 50 dollar minimum at one point.

6. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

We have a subdivision that we treat 45 properties in and the biggest is 5k. $40 a pop, and a half a mile from our shop. That is how you make some $$.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. inzane

what areas do you cover? i'm in cobb county myself.

8. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Carroll, Cobb, Douglas, Haralson, Heard, Coweta & Fayette counties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

It just look in volume to be 5lbs. Don't know what to exactly call those things whether by volume, size or how big they are.

10. inzane

lol, your losing me here. what kind of spreader are you using?