1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grasshopper13, May 9, 2006.

1. grasshopper13

grasshopper13 LawnSite Member

:confused: Just bought some triplet and surfactant to spot spray for weeds and was told to go back with a pelletized fertilizer about 2-3 weeks later with a slow release. Is the Triplet good, and does this plan sound ok? What kind of fertilizer should I use to get a quality yard, so far the home depot/ lowes stuff is not to my satifaction and found a commercial guy locally to use. Also do you charge by the application or by the season to these small yards, I cut them weekly as well. Thanks for any help, fertilization really confusses my right now so I am trying to not waist money on unneccassary products.
  2. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Stay in the shallow-end of the pool guy. Keep on cutting,mulching etc...Sounds like you have just enough info. to get in trouble with both customers and the State of Tennessee Dept. of Agriculture. I highly recommend you go to their website and see all the necesssary qualifications,licensing,insurance,charter etc. to apply pesticides to customers lawns. That Triplet can be used on your own property but no where else until you are qualified.