1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Help, Just Starting

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by hobbsd, Oct 24, 2005.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

Hello all,

I have been doing lawn care for hire since I was ten, but just as a summer thing through school, This coming year I am taking my business fully commercial and full service. However, I know close to nothing when it comes to pesticides, herbicides, fertilizing, and diagnostics. I know that this is a HUGE part of what I will need in my business, and need some help.

Where can I find the education needed, do I need licenses, and everything else that can go along with it.

Oh, I am located in Western WI.

Thanks, Dan
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

25 yrs ago when I decided to go into the lawncare business I worked for one of the big companies for 2 years, let them train me, liscense me and I tried to learn as much as possible. you might check with someone in your area that might let you work with them for a few weeks for a fee and get a crash corse. you may want to find someone not in the same market you will be working in so they dont feel like they are training their competition. good luck!