Need Help! Lazer w/ 26 EFI Prob

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLandWerks, Apr 29, 2004.

1. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Lazer 72" with the 26 Kohler EFI. It runs fine when the blades are on but when you get into heavy grass the motor sputters alot and sounds terrible. Any suggestions?? I would appreciate it.

2. Spanky64

Spanky64 LawnSite Member

I was having problems with my 26 efi walker--seemed to be loading up on fuel, smoking, poor power with blades engaged, missing at idle. The check engine light would come on and go off. Checked for trouble code and got the 34. To check for trouble codes, just turn the key on and off quickly 3 times, and on the third time leave the key on. You should always get a 61 code, if there are no other codes.
    I called Kohler, and the following seemed to fix the problem. Scraped paint from under ground on frame, replaced the stainless steel ground connector that is located on the top starter bolt with a tin coated connector. Soldered this connection, not crimped. Problem seems to be fixed!! Yea!! I will update if the problem returns.

Try this!! there is also another thread specifically about the Exmarks 26 efi problems. I bet you will find it to be a ground problem