1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need help leaving a "just serviced your lawn flyer"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ransomes, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Ransomes

Ransomes LawnSite Member

I know i saw a link on this site before but i cant seem to find it.

Can someone tell me how to word a flyer for customers who's lawn i serviced today but was not home.

This customer is a truck driver and i just dont want to end up getting screwed when he comes back in a few days and assumes that i never serviced his lawn.

I dont have an invoice yet so i was thinking of leaving a bill or whatever you guys would typically leave on the door....customers usually pay me while im mowing their lawn ,and if they werent home ill call them after i serviced it , but i dont have this customers number.
  2. mblackburn

mblackburn LawnSite Member

i print invoices that include "service date" on them hell get the message...if not call him
  3. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

just leave a card with a note on the back stating the date you did the service
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

My take, don't stick something on his door that's going to be left there for a few days. That's just a neat invite for theives... Maybe on a back patio door or something? I don't have the problem anymore with any that *doubt* I was there the "last week" or whatever, but I had thought about doing the same thing for a few customers. I carry double sided "removeable" scotch tape with me in the truck. I use it to stick 1/3 sheet fert. application notices onto glass doors.

Just take MS works and set the page so it's 'landscape' and then make 3 columns. That works out to door hanger size. Fill out the first one with whatever you need to say then copy and past to the other 2, click print and you have cheapo door hangers! I even threw my logo on them so they look pretty spiffy for plain old paper. Remember i'm not advertising here, these are just for service notices...
  5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

here ya go Ransomes

Attached Files:

6. LawnmanJ

LawnmanJ LawnSite Member

^^^ is a good way of letting them know you serviced your lawn on such and such date. I say that will be fine for what you need to use it for.
  7. Ransomes

Ransomes LawnSite Member

Thats what i needed thanks
  8. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what you were looking for? lol You couldn't just make something like that on your own?

9. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a software that prints schedules and all of that for us and you have the option on it to print what it calls, "Drop-Off Courtesy Notes" It isn't a bill but it has the business name and address, the customers name and address, the amount of the service that was performed today, the date the service was performed, and the date of their next service. Then we mail them a bill later that day. It looks a lot more professional doing it that way. What we use is Groundskeeper Pro. You can check it out and download a free trial at http://www.adkad.com/groundskeeper.htm . Good luck.