Need Help looking for a walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by McVey Landscaping, Mar 7, 2008.

1. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

Looking for a couple good walk behinds, Hoping I can get some feed back. Have a grasshopper, and couple JD's JX75's. I looked at the Exmarks Turf Tracer HP 48", and the Metro 26". Please give me some feed back, like both models, looking to buy both, the 26" would cut down on some push mowing time. Thanks:usflag:

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search on the Metro 26". I hate to keep bashing it, but the mower is not cut out for any real work. I had the 26" and hated it, YMMV.

3. McVey Landscaping

Ok did a bunch of research, from what I gather the Metro 26 is junk! I spoke with a rep last fall, he stated to me they had a lot of problems with them. He stated the worked them out. Sounds like I will be staying away from the 26 have no time to be down with broken equipment.

Now what about the Exmark turf tracer HP 48". Any comments would be great.

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Going from a 26" to a 48" is a big jump. Have you looked at any of the 36" metro's, viking's or TTHP's. I know that these mowers are very reliable.

5. McVey Landscaping

I am using the 48" on my bigger yards, have a couple that I can not get a 36" in, was hoping the 26" would hold up. Been using a Jx75 JD 21". Just wanted to upgrade it. Have a 52" grasshopper I use on my big lots. Just looking, trying to get some ideas, tired of pushing snow ready for it to become green. Thanks for any help.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Since the 36" won't fit in some yards, have you looked at the 32" metro? It has faster ground speeds than the 26" and will get the yards done pretty fast compared to 26 or 21.

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

We run exmarks for walk behinds they can take the beating.:waving:

01p.jpg

8. McVey Landscaping

looking at them right now. What do you think about the fixed deck, not a floater.

9. McVey Landscaping

Online it only shows the 32" with pistol grips, I like the ECS system. I played with one in the fall with the ECS liked the way it handled.

Never mind I see the conversion kit.

10. sydanna Lawn Care

sydanna Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have the Exmark Turf Tracer HP with the floating deck. I HAVE to be able to adjust the hight quickly. A friend of mine has the Metro & he really wishes that he didn't have the fixed deck.