Need help on 36 wb purchase!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by island_rob, May 27, 2006.

1. island_rob

island_rob LawnSite Member

Can you help me decide on brands. pros/cons on them. I am looking still for a belt-drive mower for part-time jobs. I have been looking at the husqvarna, it has has 13hp kawasaki on it. also like ex-mark and scag. How do you guys feel about husqvarna?::confused:

2. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

We have 2 Snapper 48" W/B, they are pretty quality brand. They also make a quality 36" W/B. Also check on the Better Quick 36 products have heard good things on those. Have no experience with eXmark or Scag. GO with best dealer support.

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well i would go with the quick 36 even though its hydro its the same price as a belt plus u have the maulk II or the SD also the super fox or just a fox and many other choices.

4. island_rob

island_rob LawnSite Member

thanks for input. money is tight and credit is out of question.:walking: :dizzy:

5. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

This is my second year in lawncare so I am not as experiened as most of the other guys, but I really love my Quick 36. I cannot find a complaint. It is the perfect mower for my needs. Then there is the price, which is great. Look seriously at the Q36.

6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Try a Toro T-bar, last yr they had a promo, for new 36" w/ a 15 hp Kohler command pro for $2,700. That is a great set up. I've used a couple of 36" WBs with 13 HP and a few with the 15 HP, I think the 13 hps are under powered.

7. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

What's your budget for this purchase?