need help on a bid....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPM Lawncare, Mar 19, 2008.

1. SPM Lawncare

SPM Lawncare LawnSite Member

This is my first time on here so i appreciate any help i can get. The job looks like this:

Its two fairly small entrance areas on either side of a street entering a neighborhood. About 1300 sq. feet total. Two small bed areas with a few trees and a ditch running down each side. I will have to use a 21-inch Honda mower to get this done. My other mowers are too big.
    needs to be:
    - mowed
    - trash removed
    - edged around street and two small bed areas
    - street blown
    - weeds removed from beds (approx. 2 4x4 beds)

They want it done once a week for approx. 45 visits a year and want it to be fertilized twice-a-year.

It is really close to my house so it is easy to swing by on the way to the jobs. Just wondering what you guys think about pricing it to get the job? I've just moved from a different town and need to get some exposure and it would be great to get my truck and signage in front of this neighborhood once-a-week.

Any ideas? I really dont want to low ball it but its pretty much what should i get paid to show up and work for 15 minutes?

Thanks guys

48" Walker MC 20HP GHS
    21'' HONDA Commercial
    2 STIHL BR 380 backpack blowers
    2 STIHL trimmers
    2 STIHL edgers
    1 STIHL hedge trimmer
    1 STIHL pole trimmer
    1 STIHL chainsaw

2. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

here's my advice: go to the mall, buy some big boy pants and do it yourself, good luck to you!

3. SPM Lawncare

thanks for your help

4. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

No problem you can do it on your own!

5. clmllc

clmllc LawnSite Member

Start with your minimum price to unload and go from there. I wouldn't lower the price just because its near the house. Is a HOA paying. Around here they will always want the lowballer.

6. SPM Lawncare

yeh its an HOA and they are pissed off at the previous guy for charging too much. sound pretty stingy. i was thinking $30-$35 just to unload. work out to about $130 a month (includes 3 off months with no visits). said they wanted 12-month billing. could get some good customers in the neighborhood by being there so it could be helpful.