Need help on a bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Cops, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

Hey guys need your help on a bid.
    This will be, by far the biggest area that I have bid on so far:

approx 45,000 sq ft of grass, flat, 7 pin oak trees. Large wharehouse in center of property, approx. 3500 linear ft of edging/trimming. 17 small shrubs to trim. 36 times per year. mulched. blow off 2 small parking lots when finished.

My exact question is what dollar range should I be in?

Also if I get this job I get the owners house worth about $50.00 36 weeks a year also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

130. per visit, 42x per year...

3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

$65.00
    It is not even an acre. With the right equipment you should finish it in less than an hour.

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Probably around 460-500 per month? You say mulched? what is mulched? The beds or your mowing?

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

You forgot to include the edging and blowing.

6. Lombardi

As I stated before,$65.00. The trimming and blowing should take less than 15 minutes.

7. Lombardi

As I stated before,$65.00. The trimming and blowing should take less than 15 minutes. If you are a professional and using professional equipment, you should be able to mow the area as you describe in 30-40 minutes. The trimming of the 17 small shrubs should be priced on a per trim basis. Maybe twice a year depending on type.
    But, if you are using a 21" Lawnboy or a 38" Sears Craftsman Gold then I would definitely charge more.
    This is how I would price it. Everyone has their own methods.

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Lombardi- that is a great amount of edging. 3500 ft of edging on every cut. That will take a while, plus blowing off two p/l, probably another 1/2 hour per visit.

9. Lombardi

green man,
    I am assuming he means stringtrimming around a 3500 sq. ft. building, not edging. If so, it should only take 5-10 minutes. Edging in my area means using a gas powered edger along sidewalks and driveways, not along a building. If he was edging that much, then you are correct in your estimate. He also states that the parking lots are small.

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

He is talking about edging curbs and walks. Trimming is around the trees.