Need Help on A commercial Bid w/ pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Cutting Edge Lawn Car, Feb 20, 2008.

1. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

The Cutting Edge Lawn Car LawnSite Member

Hey all, This is my second full year in business after purchasing an exsisting business from someone else.. In all I have 38 residential and 8 commercial accounts so far and ive been looking at "bigger accounts" to fill my schedule.... So i found this 17 acre apartment complex.. There is approximately 2 hours of weedwacking.. And we would be running 1 757 60 in deere and a lazer 60..They are asking bids for lawn care and edging along all the sidewalks.. Total there are 15 complexes... I have an idea of what I want to bid but I was hoping you guys could give me a range of what you would maybe put a bid in for, so i can get a idea..? I am currently employing one other person..Here Are the pics, sort of hard to see with the snow... but all is grass in front and sides.

Thank you all in advance!

Sean

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

PICT0032.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

hard to tell with not being able to see the sidewalks and rest of property. what part of mid michigan?

3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

45-55 per building IF each building has the same amount of open space as in each picture. (675.00) How many hours will it take you? How many people will you have?

4. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

Well I have a 5 acre commercial property I can get done by with two people in a hour and a half or so, this includes trimming blowing etc...There isnt that much weedwacking rather than around the buildings... I could probably get it done with two people on two mowers in six hours..maybe 7... Which at say 50$ a hour per person.. thats 100 per hour for seven hours therefore 700.. is how I came up with it.... But..... does that sound like too much or too little for 17 acres? I would say 10 acres of it is solid grass, no weedwacking what so ever....Is this what others would charge?

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

obviously trimming is going to be the main concern...i remember doing a complex that took about 3.5 to 4 hrs. which was probably 2 hrs. of trimming...we got $325 and i figured that was a little on the low side, but still worth it...so about $100.00 per hour sounds about perfect...maybe even a little more, trimming sucks...

6. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

Approximatelty how many acres was that property?

7. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i would say it was about 6-7 acres approximately? just a lot of trimming

8. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

you are asking for trouble bidding it with snow still on the property

trust me... been there done that

Got to walk it out

Nate

9. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

yes i know this, but the owner has requested that all bids must be in within 5 days and there, and you havent been able to see ground here in months... The main thing im asking is does 17 acres and 650 match up in your guys heads?

10. The Cutting Edge Lawn Car

heres another pic.. of the fronts of all the complexes, there all the same

PICT0035.jpg