1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need help on a stone wall!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zmak, Apr 6, 2004.

1. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

I have a stone wall I need to put a number on. I figure double the price of the material, stone, soil etc. Do you guys also add in a labor charge on top of this. I figure it will take about 2 - 3 hours.
    It is going to be 8 ' x 8 ' by 16 ' long it is going to be backing an existing berm. It will be 3 stones high the first being buried half. There is little travel time involved. I will be using estate stone.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  2. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

Damn I didn't think this would be difficult. Gave the estiamte and got the job. thanks for the advice
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi zmak,

Congrats on getting the job! :)
  4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey zmak,
    sounds like from the size of the wall you described, it would take a little longer than 2-3 hours.
    Hopefully you got the price you needed to make this profitable for you.
    Get some pics of it when you are done and let us see your work.

Congrats on the job.

Just something to note, try and keep track of all your time _ driving to get the bricks, loading, unloading, drive time to site, install, etc, and it will help you get a true estimate of your profits.

Another thing, being 8' high :confused: (wasn't sure by your dimensions 8x8x16? - but 3 stones high)did you get these issues checked by an engineer if it is going to support any kind of load behind it. Just be sure to be safe in what you do, for yourself and your customers. And by all means, with something like this, make sure you're insured!

Good luck with the wall, and let us know how it turned out!

if anything, you'll get a better idea to either bid higher or lower on your next job.